Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick Rose?

Posted by JoshTx 8a (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 23:20

My 'Ambridge Rose' is looking shockingly awful considering my bands are chugging along. I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong. SOS?

Josh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick Rose?

Could it be frost damage?

o

This looks like 'burn' to me. Either from an ice episode or, less probably, from very hot dry wind and strong sun. Second explanation, some sort of salt damage maybe from wrongly applied fertilizer. I've also seen this happening when a pet decides to use a plant as a toilet...
Nik

o

I would guess a mistake with fertilizer. Flush out the soil with extra water.

o

Maybe Ambridge does not like either the fish emulsion or getting it on its leaves?

My Ambridge had similar thoughts on it, only plant that did not like the foliage feeding

o

Ambridge Rose was terribly fussy here. I felt badly about that, but its foliage was always complaining about something or another, and much of the time, it rusted.

Jeri

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 14:02

I don't know how cold you've been but that does look like frost damage to me. Every rose is different and some are more tender than others so don't try to compare them with each other or you'll drive yourself nuts. Just observe each one and learn what they like as individuals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here