Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2013 Seed Catalogs

Posted by project_gardener 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 13 at 8:53

I've been working on an online resource for seed catalogs. It lists the catalog and you click the link and it goes directly to the seed company's catalog order page. It makes it easy to get a ton of catalogs in 1 sitting.

I've had help filling in the missing companies from Facebook, Reddit, and Craigslist so I though I'd ask here. If you guys know of any that I'm missing please let me know.

Thanks for the help!
SEED CATALOG LIST

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2013 Seed Catalogs

You should add Sampleseeds .com
I believe it is only on-line, but some of the best prices and high quality

And Kitchengardenseeds.com
Which has a lovely hand drawn catalogue, some unusual vegetables and herbs

o

By the way - thanks for sharing the list!

o

What a great idea!

My suggestions: Harris Seeds, Hardyplants.com (despite the name, they sell seeds, not plants), JL Hudson, and Swallowtail Garden Seeds.

o

Great....

Added Kitchen Garden, Sample Seeds, & HardyPlants. Had the others. It's getting tough to find new ones that offer a paper catalog. I like the smaller companies.

o

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 21:41

Trade Winds Fruit has an amazing selection of tropical and temperate ornamentals, tropical fruit, peppers, tomatoes and assorted oddities. They are one of my favorites.

Trade Winds Fruit

o

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 22:04

P.S. Forgot to add they are online only.

o

Dear project_gardener,
Thanks for the list. I don't start too much from seed but I hope to do more. It's helpful to have a list of reliable companies.

Mark

o

Well, actually there are about a bizillion other seed companies, but I'm not sure where you want to draw the line. Even some that I consider core for my seed purchases are not on the list. If you really want to enlarge your list, you could consult Garden Watchdog and let it list all the seed suppliers they have on file. But, like I said, I guess you have to start somewhere. I guess if I was going to suggest just one more, it would be Sheffield's, which is probably the largest supplier of woody plant seeds in the US.

o
RE: 2013 Seed Catalogs..ps

I have another idea that might be helpful. Have you considered listing the companies in categories by what they sell? I personally wouldn't find a list of just all seed companies or a list of just a few of the seed companies (like you have now) all that helpful, because I would still have to do a lot of searching to find what I was looking for. However, if they were set up in catagories (annuals, perennials, vegetables, organic vegetables, woody plants, exotic seeds, cacti and succulents, etc), I think that would be useful.

o

I ordered most of my garden seed from Hummert.

http://www.hummert.com/_uploads/default/pdfs/Seed_Catalog_2014.pdf

o

project_gardener

Thank you! Found seeds I thought I'd never see.

o

• Posted by mori1 5/6 KS (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 16:06

Thanks for Sampleseed found some unique flower seeds I wanted to try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here