Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

Seed growing pros: Want to trial some seeds?

bugbite
13 years ago

Hi,

I will send you the seeds free. These are seeds from a major seed producer.

I have been speaking with a seed producer about developing a national network of home gardeners who test seeds.

I want to try this in a very, very small way this season to learn how this could work. (If you are part of this seed trial network, you would choose which seeds you want to trial.)

If you are interested in vincas, this year you will get 25 seeds for 4 different varieties of "apricot colored" vincas. Potentially others is a brand new pepper, a new zea mays, and a special marigold test.

What you would do:

1. Plant the seeds as you usually do.

2. Measure germination rate. Total disasters are OK :-)

3. Give your opinion about the varieties you test in your garden. (We home gardeners all want to know which is the best and easiest to grow.)

4. Report how long each variety looked good in your garden.

5. Report death rate.

This is to test performance in real live gardens with all the perils that we face.

Since this will be a learning experience (for me) in how to create a successful home gardener trial network I need to limit this very first experiment to 3 people who are experienced at growing from seed. If you are interested, click my user name (bugbite)which takes you to my profile. Email me from there.

Incidentally you can opt in or out of any seed variety as I get them.

Oh yes, what is in it for me? The excitement of trying new seeds. When it comes to plants and seeds, I work for free.

Thanks,

Bob

Comments (6)