Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini Greenhouse?

Posted by PunkRotten 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 13, 12 at 15:52

Hi,

I am on zone 9 and trying to plan when to start my starts. I don't have any grow lights or heat mats. Andd I want to avoid that set up because I don't have the space or money for it.

I was thinking about starting all my seeds in a mini greenhouse. They sell one at lowes and amazon that is 4 shelves. Seen here http://www.amazon.com/Gardman-R687-4-Tier-Mini-Greenhouse/dp/B000NCTGQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326487863&sr=8-1

Anyway, I won't be starting much. I will be doing a few tomato plants, few peppers, some flowers, and some herbs. Maybe like 20 plants in all. Would something like this mini greenhouse be my best bet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini Greenhouse?

Your normal house temperatures of 72 degrees will be ok for most seeds, look around for a little warmer place for for your peppers, maybe on top of the frig. After germination you will need to increase the light. Be sure you do not start summer vegetables too early and not be able to put them out in the sun when they need it. Al

o

I made my own mini greenhouse, using peat cups on a cookie sheet (or set in an old muffin pan would work too) and slid them in a large clear bag. This worked real well for me and it makes bottom watering real easy. Happy Growing!!

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 21:11

Go to the Winter sowing forum for information about reusing household containers & more for free mini-greenhouses for ANY type of seed.

Corrine

o

Wintersowing forum! You'll be hooked. Just post the same question there and do aliitle research. Wintersown.org

Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here