Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
salvia patens

Posted by patreesh 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 11 at 22:25

Hi,

Need your help with starting salvia patens seeds. I'm totally inexperienced at seed-starting. Do I need a heating mat? I do have a grow light and seed starting kit. All advice, including most basic, will be most appreciated. How many hours should I leave the grow light on, when should I start the seeds, etc...... Thanks so much.

Patreesh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: salvia patens

lightly cover the seed Soil temperature for germination 70F taking 4-30 days to germinate. pick a desired flowering date & count back 10-12 weeks to sow seed.
lights not needed till germination. Heating mat very helpful since soil temp needs to be 70F

o
RE: salvia patens

Wait till spring. Salvia is a warm temperate plant and needs good light as well as warm temps to germinate well, 70 deg F is too warm, try 60.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here