Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

Seed finder search engine

californian
13 years ago

I came across this search engine for finding seed suppliers. Worked on the more common varieties but couldn't find some rare ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: seed finder search engine

Comments (5)

• sjetski
    13 years ago

How awesome of an idea is that, bookmarked.

Thanks for the link.

• razkeys
    13 years ago

I wanted to know (or of there is already a thread point me) if anyone is interested in starting a trading thread. I have Moon and Stars Melons, etc etc etc,....and would like to see if that may be of interest. I also have some nice heirloom tomato seeds. Trophy and Gold Medal. They're from last year but I think they're fine. Shoot me an email.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a good calendar schedule for starting seeds in Norhtern Massachusetts. Woman at teh nursery here said Brassicas and onions and lettuce next week. She said I started my tomatoes too early. They'll be stunted.....Any adivice. I am going to start celery and carrots for seedlings..OK Other than that I love this site. WOW!

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    13 years ago

razkeys, Gardenweb has a Seed Exchange forum. It looks like you might want to find the vegetable forum too.

• cresard
    13 years ago

Hi All ;

There are a few of these seed searches on the net, one at Mother Earth New also. But try this one at:

www.seed-finder.com

It works like a seed search should. Let's you search by city, state, region, country, and also GMO-Free if you prefer. I was impressed with the results, found a few different seeds that I was looking for a long time.

BR
    Cresard

Here is a link that might be useful: Ultimate Seed Finder.

• Trishcuit
    12 years ago

Man those Phlox Isabellina are becoming like a unicorn to find.