Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seed finder search engine

Posted by californian 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 18, 11 at 0:10

I came across this search engine for finding seed suppliers. Worked on the more common varieties but couldn't find some rare ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: seed finder search engine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seed finder search engine

How awesome of an idea is that, bookmarked.

Thanks for the link.

o
Seed trading

I wanted to know (or of there is already a thread point me) if anyone is interested in starting a trading thread. I have Moon and Stars Melons, etc etc etc,....and would like to see if that may be of interest. I also have some nice heirloom tomato seeds. Trophy and Gold Medal. They're from last year but I think they're fine. Shoot me an email.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a good calendar schedule for starting seeds in Norhtern Massachusetts. Woman at teh nursery here said Brassicas and onions and lettuce next week. She said I started my tomatoes too early. They'll be stunted.....Any adivice. I am going to start celery and carrots for seedlings..OK Other than that I love this site. WOW!

o

razkeys, Gardenweb has a Seed Exchange forum. It looks like you might want to find the vegetable forum too.

o

Hi All ;

There are a few of these seed searches on the net, one at Mother Earth New also. But try this one at:

www.seed-finder.com

It works like a seed search should. Let's you search by city, state, region, country, and also GMO-Free if you prefer. I was impressed with the results, found a few different seeds that I was looking for a long time.

BR
Cresard

Here is a link that might be useful: Ultimate Seed Finder.

o

Man those Phlox Isabellina are becoming like a unicorn to find.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here