Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
forensicmom

Question about vegtable seeds

forensicmom
14 years ago

I have been an avid gardener for several years and have grown a few thigns from seed. Since I do NOT have the space to grow more then 1 large flat at a time and only in front of a south facing window (4 kids and a kitten!), I don't grow much from seed.

This year I have started cauliflower, broccoli and brussels sprouts in one large flat (Jiffy greenhouse thing). It has the extra large/deep peat pellets. I used them before and preferred them to the individual peat pots, which I had a harder time keeping watered correctly.

Almost all germinated (with a heat mat) in 3-4 days. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since they were planted and most are showing signs of their second set of leaves (1st true). I am planning to plant them outside in about 4 weeks.

My question is, will they be fine to just transplant into the garden, after hardening off? I keep reading about repotting before being transplanted. I don't have the room or the pots to do that. I am hoping that since these are the extra large and deep peat pellets, they will be fine.

Comments (4)