Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
turner52_gw

Green Bay

Turner52
11 years ago

When would you recommend starting peppers and tomatoes for transplanting in the Green Bay WI. area.
Thanks in advance for all of the info I am sure I will get

Comments (5)

• mandolls
    11 years ago

As long as you have good lighting for them - Peppers 10-12 weeks before you set them out - tomatoes 6-8 weeks before you set them out.

I am in WI about an hour from St. Paul. I dont put out tomatoes or peppers until the end of May. They really dont like the cold.

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

Yeah Green Bay last frost date is listed as May 1-10th so you wouldn't be planting out until May 15 earliest and more likely end of May unless you are close to the lake and get some warming benefits from it. And peppers usually go out a couple of weeks after tomatoes.

So count back from mid-May 10-12 weeks for peppers and 6-8 weeks for tomatoes as mandolls recommended.

Dave

• naturemitch
    11 years ago

peppers .....NOW. Don't wait. We live in Northern Wi and all are peppers are started by the 3rd week in Feb.

tomatoes....we usually wait till mid-April, and set them out June 1. You should be able to get a jump on us by at least a week. When we lived in Stevens Point, we would have them out by the 3rd week in May.

hope this helps :)

• franked1
    11 years ago

Turner52--I'm in G.B. Start peppers now. I seed tomatoes in 2-3 weeks-then a second seeding 2 weeks later.

• Turner52
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info