Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlum_gw

edges of leaves turning brown and dry

jlum
14 years ago

Hi, I have been lurking in these forums for several years and have learned so much and everyone is just great. You all have given me confidence to try growing some things inside from seeds under lights.

Everything is going great except for some cabbage and lettuce. These are the smaller variety. The leaves are turning brown and dry on the edges. I have them in a MG potting mixture, about 4-5 inches under the grow lights. I moniter the watering with a meter and keep the lights on about 16 hours a day. They also seem to be growing very slowly. Much slower than the package indicates. They have their third and fourth sets of leaves, but no signs of heads forming. Any suggestions?

My other babies include, hot peppers, herbs, onions spinach, egg plant and peas. Everything is doing great. I have even tried some winter sowing on my enclosed unheated porch and have sprouts out there as well. Even my husband loves this new interest!!

I really hope I can utilize our south facing enclosed porch to extend my growing season this fall.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your suggestions and thanks to all for this great fourm!

jlum

Comments (3)