Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veggieholic

Cauliflower Seedlings Bending In Half?

veggieholic
14 years ago

I have tried to look up information on this problem but I haven't found anything, possibly because I can't pinpoint a good search term for this problem. I'm hoping you all can help me. I have some cauliflower seedlings about one and a half weeks old, no true leaves yet. About three days ago, three of the seedlings bent over about half way up the stem (not at the soil line like with damping off). The stem looks flattened and limp at the bending point. At the time, I noticed the soilless mix was very dry, so I removed the sick ones, gave the rest a good watering and placed them back under the lights. Then today, the same thing happened to two more of the cauliflower seedlings! This time the growing medium is moist. I did not have the fan on them yet, and it is fairly warm in the room where they are, so I suppose air circulation could've been an issue. I turned on the fan this morning. However, I have about 10 other kinds of seedlings growing in the same conditions and all appear healthy. I would like to know if anyone else has seen this happen, and what the cause might be. I'm hoping not to lose any more seedlings! Thanks for your help!

Comments (2)