Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Started 35 seeds indoors

Posted by TheAnticlimactic none (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 11:02

Hey guys,

Just here for a quick update. Me and my roommate just germinated 35 seeds indoors under a few T8s and over a heater :). Check out the link. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Start a Seed in a Cup

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Started 35 seeds indoors

I like using Solo cups too. I transplant all my tomatoes into them after they have their true leaves. I poke holes in the bottom and the cups are nice and big for a decent root system. Not only that, I can write directly on the cup with an indelible marker. No more lost tags!
They are also a nice size for starting things that you don't want to transplant more than necessary.

o

• Posted by t-bird Chicago 5/6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 8:55

I like your site! Good luck with your seedlings!

oh - I did have a giggle when you described yourself and your roommate as "collage students".....

o

Trishcuit, I find the convenience unparalleled, and I usually try to minimize transplanting, so their perfect for me to just germinate directly in the cup. I found out last year though that transplanting isn't all that bad... I think they compensate for whatever stunting that happens with the added space for the roots, which allows them to grow a lot faster than they were before transplant.

t-bird, Whoooops :0. Thanks for pointing that one out. It pretty much sums up my collEge experience though... misspellings everywhere! I'm in more of an engineering program, so spelling isn't exactly my forte (although I do like to read and write a lot). Thanks for the encouragement. I just updated the site with some pictures of recent growth. Check it out :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Plants Growing (1)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here