Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
[Pic] Need Seedling Assesment [Pic]

Posted by Handsome54 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 11:31

Just wondering if I should try to use these (Cauliflower)or perhaps start over.....

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: [Pic] Need Seedling Assesment [Pic]

That's what mine look like, only mine are still much smaller. I'll be interested to see what others say.

If you started these indoors, what kind of lights did you start them under and what temperature is the room?

o

I think they look fine. What is the concern?

o

Thanks! Wasn't sure about the legginess......

o

You can plant Brassicas deeper when they go into the garden. Not a problem.

o
Lights......

Hind sight, I use 4' shop lights (Lowes,$50, less bulbs). Each fixture has 4-T8,32W cool white bulbs.....

Heated shop temps are 60-65D & 55N.......

o
Planting Brassicas

Thanks flora uk! I'll sleep better tonight....... ;)

o

We're using the same lights. I have two of those fixtures over 4 trays total (as of today). But mine are probably leggy because they were too hot previously, and also maybe because they were under HPS lighting.

Keep us posted on how they harden off outside. I'm going to sow another batch of cabbage, broc/caul with my now lower temps and fluro lighting. I'll update later to see if there is a noticeable difference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here