Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 inch Daffs in WI already! woo hoo

Posted by keriann_lakegeneva 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 21, 10 at 15:15

Just took a wander through my snow covered gardens and saw tons of my daffodils poking through. They are already 3" tall! Spring is coming!

What a great day.. I heard the birds out and animals scurring around. Tonight we are going to get blasted with another snow storm so I will appreciate the present and enjoy my spring fever until tomorrow morning when I am out shoveling : ).

Keriann~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 inch Daffs in WI already! woo hoo

Yeah mine here have bloom swells on them already - just in time for the freezing temps and snow coming this tomorrow. Robins are back here too this week. Hope they can dig out frozen worms. :(

Dave

o

I can't believe that! I have to go see if anything is poking up in my garden...its really early though...I don't even think the hellebore is budding yet! I really can't wait for Spring!!!

o

Well, i just went out and looked at some of the gardens and sure enough...the Daffodils in one of the raised beds are popping up! And the Hellebore are beginning to pop open as well! Spring IS coming!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here