Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Bhut Jolokia!

Posted by hoagc 5 NW Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 23, 10 at 22:48

Just thought I would share a little of my excitement about having my first Bhut ever sprout this morning!

Unfortunately the cotyledon leaves are completely jammed inside the seed coat, which didn't fall off and shows no signs of falling off....so it might not make it =(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Bhut Jolokia!

There has been so many mentions of these things on various forums lately that I finally had to break down and look it up just to see what they are. ;)

Congrats on your success. One tip to how to remove stuck seed coats - spit. Saliva enzymes will soften and dissolve the coat so that it will fall off. Just dab a bit of saliva on it and let it sit a bit then a bit more. Within a couple of hours it should fall off or be easy to remove.

Dave

o
RE: First Bhut Jolokia!

• Posted by hoagc 5 NW Ohio (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 24, 10 at 20:47

Thanks digdirt...i'll try that. It doesn't look like it's gonna come off on its own, so I guess I have to try something haha.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here