Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bell pepper help needed.

Posted by fatal_fatalii (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 19, 10 at 0:41

I recently transplanted a Giant red bell into a large container with MG potting soil and have not watered for a few days since the soil is still wet. However some of the blossoms have fallen off and some leaves look like it starting to turn yellow.

The plants were from seed and started in MG seeding soil and transplanted to the MG potting soil at about 8 inches tall with blossoms although they were not open.

Does the container have too few holes ?

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do?

Any help is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bell pepper help needed.

Your soil is too wet. That is why the leaves are turning yellow and the blossoms are dropping. Miracle grow tends to do that because it is mostly peat moss, or maybe the pot is not draining well, or maybe you just made it too wet when you transplanted.

Check and see if the holes are plugged. If you've just transplanted it, It has not settled in yet so you could upend it and transplant it again in dryer soil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here