Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardy seedlings?

Posted by ponyexpress_1 6a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 8:59

I started some Delosperma (ice plant) seeds a little early thinking they would take a little while to germinate. They sprouted within a few days. I'm wondering if since they are hardy, would it be o.k. to put them outdoors before the last frost if I harden them off or would it harm the seedlings?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardy seedlings?

Keep in mind that while the well-established plants are cold hardy, young seedlings are not.

If they must go out they will need to be VERY carefully, gradually, and well hardened off first to survive.

Dave

o
RE: Hardy seedlings?

Thank you Dave. I thought that might be the case. I guess They will sit on my window sill a few more weeks : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here