Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help in grouping vegetables please!!

Posted by Sunil707 5A (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 9:41

In two garden beds of 4 x 8 Sq feet I would like to plant the following:

Tomatoes
Eggplants
Pepper
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Okra
Kale
Spinach
Mustard Greens

Need suggestions in grouping of the above in the two different beds please!?

Thank you
Sunil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help in grouping vegetables please!!

if you are interested in growing these year after year I would arrange these so you can easily rotate your nightshades (tomatoes, eggplants, peppers)... I would put those in one garden bed.

You need to specify what kind of tomatoes you want and how many... 4 indeterminates would easily fill one 4x8 bed alone if not pruned/suckered.

I would put others in the second bed....
Okra is very tall grow those so they are not shading the others. (although you habe some cooler crops which might like the shade)

o
RE: Need help in grouping vegetables please!!

We'd need much more information please.

First all of these things are not planted at the same time. Second, some are direct seeded and others grown from transplants. Third, as mentioned there are many different kinds of tomatoes and they come in all kinds of plant sizes.

Fourth, with only 2 4x8 beds your planting space will be very limited so you might consider eliminating a few things from your list unless you plan to only grow 1 each of them.

You might want to check out the Sq. Foot Gardening forum here as a way to maximize your limited growing space as much as possible.

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here