Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
egghead2004

Almost ready to sow

egghead2004
15 years ago

Here we go! I just want to ask all of the more experienced seed sowers out there to comment on my set up. This is a first for me and I spent a little more money than I wanted to, but hopefully I'll get my $$$ back in veggies!

I did buy several packets of seed and plan to sow them in thses Burpee seed starter kits. Each tray holds 72 plants. Will I have to trans plant these to larger pots before placing into the garden after 6-8 weeks?

Any better ideas than using the Burpee trays?

Location...

is in my basement which is heated buy a wood stove. I put a remote temperature sensor on the shelf to get an idea of the temps. Last night it reached 86 as a high. This morning it went down to 71. Is this too much of a temperature swing? should i get a small fan to blow cooler air from the other side of the basement?

{{gwi:225790}}

Lighting...

These are 3 simple shop lights. I cut the visor off of them in a way so as to create 1 light with 6 bulbs. I have 4 T-8 bulbs and 2 T-12 bulbs. They are 5000k. This should be enough light for the sprouting plants, right?

Also, look at the T-12s, they don't look as bright as the T-8s. I think I am going to go all T-8s.

{{gwi:225791}}

I welcome any suggestions!

Thanks

Comments (2)