Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
x207

celosia seeds retained in soil.

x207
11 years ago

around 2-3 years ago i bought 12 celosia plants from a nursery. i put them in several pots and also put 2 celosia and 1 dahlia in a 14 inch pot. the dahlia did overshadow them and i removed it from the pot. the 2 celosia went on to live very well and i left the plants in the pot for a few weeks after they dried up. i "left" the celsocia scene then as i had issues with top heavy plants and never wanted to buy anymore.

the following year i had yet to put a use to the celosia pot and plucked 2 seedlings. i later decided to let the seedlings grow up and found they were celosia. ever since then i havent put any more earth nor other plant species in the pot and they keep coming back BC there are hundreds of seeds that fell onto the soil in the pot. even now atleast 50 seediling are pushing up. i wasnt aware that the plant can comeback much like this and remain pleasantly surprised to see the colours, ie predominatly fushcia, yellow, and a few reds.

i dont plan to remove the soil nor tamper with the plants though id like some help to stabilise top heavy plants

has any one ever had any dried Celosia plants ever taken over a pot permanently by leaving behind the seeds?

Comments (3)