Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is It Too Early?

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 10 at 13:34

To start cup and saucer vines? The earliest date I could start anything is Sat. and I figured a few days earlier couldn't hurt. Or will it?

I'm going to use my heated tabletop seed starter GH for growing them. It has two trays in it, which is perfect since I got two varieties (regular purple and white).
Wish me luck!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is It Too Early?

I bought delphiniums too and they take 21-28 days to germinate. Could I start these now instead?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I would direct sow cup and saucer vines.. but if you are like me, you are antsy to plant something.

I would plant delphiniums now for sure, and as long as you can keep your cup and saucer vines happy till you can get them outside I would go for it.

Maybe save a few seeds, in-case your vines get too sad inside, and direct sow them.

Keriann~

o

Keriann,

Thank you for your advice. I already planted the seeds. All the delphiniums into one tray and five of each kind of cup and saucer into another tray.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Make a note in your garden journal of the date you started them this year and what happens. That way next year you'll be able to remind yourself of why you need to wait a bit longer. ;)

Dave

o

Digdirt, yeah I know it's a little early but I'm like Keriann and "antsy to plant something too"!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here