Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need info to start flowers in zone 8

Posted by jcurts 8a (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 14:01

Where can I get a detailed planting schedule for a wide variety of both Annual and Perennial Spring flowers that relates to zone 8?

Thank you

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need info to start flowers in zone 8

Spring flowers in Zone 8 get planted outdoor now. Started indoor about 2 months ago (but it's not too late for a late bloom). Hopefully we don't have another snow in april kinda year, that just messes us all up.

o

I'm in STL. I'm frost free May 10. But some now say we are May 5. I started some of my perennial & pansy seeds as early as Feb. 7. Local nurseries are a good source to ask about your frost free date. Knowing that will help you read the seed packages on when to plant next year.

You can plant zinnia seeds still. Or Rudbeckia that will bloom next year. What plants are you thinking about? I know there are other seeds you still can plant that may not bloom this year (perennials). Let's see what the other will say.

o

In my zone 8 area the Frost Free date is around March 15th.

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 13:29

In my 8B, frost on 5-1 is not at all unusual....we're looking at at least a 6 week window for dates of last frost in Z8s :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here