Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida milkvine from seeds

Posted by leann2800 z8 GA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 14:19

I received seeds in a swap a few years a go. I never had the time to grow it until now. I have searched the Internet for tips on growing this from seed but it appears it is on an endangered list in Florida and rare in my state. There doesn't seem to be a guide in cultivation. Some sprouts that look like little mushrooms have came up. Is that what milkvine looks like when it sprouts? Does anyone know? Or is that a weed? I am growing indoors under a grow light.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida milkvine from seeds

A weed? Slim chance.

I have never grown them but assuming you used a sterile soil-less potting mix the odds are 90% that what is growing is a germinated milkvine seed.

On the other hand IF you have kept it too wet and it's exposed to the air then tiny fungus that appear to be like mushroom can germinate on the soil surface.

Google Images has tons of pics of it in various stages but I couldn't find one of it when just germinated. Sorry.

Dave

o
RE: Florida milkvine from seeds

it was sterile soil and pots. it isn'tgrowing in any other container so i assume that pot did not get too much water. i can't find any in google either. i will take pictures of this germinated seedmfungus and see where it goes. maybe it is miilkvine. i saved half the seeds to give them to a florida or georgia extension office if it is indeed a rare species. Thanks for replying Dave.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here