Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
birkjar

how many seeds in pots

birkjar
14 years ago

Hi, I am growing some ornamental grasses form seed. i was wondering how many seeds per pot. I was told to put seeds in 6" pots right from beginning. I didn't have any 6" pots yet so i put them in 4" and going to put in bigger pots later.The seeds are up about 4" tall now but there is only 1 of these 4" grass stems coming from each seed in each pot. Was going to transplant now but was thinking maybe I should put 4 or 5 of these together in a 8" pot or will each seed spread and get more bushy. The grasses i am planting are:

Ornamental Millet- purple majesty, these are 4" tall, single blade of grass.

Ornamental Millet- Jester, these are 4" tall, single blade of grass.

Ornamental grass - twisted arrow, these have just popped out and not ready to transplant yet but when time comes i will need to know if i should put more than 1 plant in bigger pot.

Ornamental grass - Pennisetum Ruppelianum, i did put 4 seeds per 4" pot but maybe should of put more. Just single blades of grass coming from each seed. these are not ready to transplant yet either. but will need to know later.

thanks anyone who could help me out here. i would really appreciate any info anyone could give me.

Comments (4)