Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jardinerowa

Seeds planted, hot weather but not crazy hot

jardinerowa
13 years ago

I have several mini flats of seeds that I planted, (namely squash, cucumber, and cosmos) and I'm in the greater San Diego area. Possibly a little late for seeds, but oh well. Today it is 86, which is the first hot day of the summer season. I have my seeds planted in full sun and I make sure I water them several times a day to make sure the seeds and medium don't dry out. Are they OK? I figure as long as it's not above 90-95, the seedlings, should love full sun like that no? We are close to the ocean so usually there is humidity. Should I move the seeds, or leave them? I just don't want them to fry. Thanks!

Comments (2)

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    13 years ago

If you can I would get them into shade. They don't need full sun now and it is making it very difficult to control both the moisture and the soil temperature. Al

• jardinerowa
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Al,

What you say makes sense. I moved them out of the sun. Of course now it has been overcast, so I moved them back. But they should do better this way. Still not seeing the squash or cucumbers come up yet; I know they do take awhile...

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County