Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing Trays to pots indoors? Do you transfer?

Posted by connecticutbug Connecticut (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 17:20

Curious to know if most people start their seedling germination in a growing tray, and then transfer them? Or do you simply keep 1 plant per cell and grow them in the tray until they are ready to go outside?

I sometimes use coffee cups to start plants in and they always seem to get bigger than those in the cell trays.

Curious if people transfer their seedlings or just leave them crowded to grow until they go outside?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Trays to pots indoors? Do you transfer?

I usually put in 2-3 seeds per cell and once there are few sets of true leaves, I transfer them out to 3 or 4 inch pots. It just depends on the size I have available. I move them outside and right into my mini greenhouse.

Luis

o
RE: Growing Trays to pots indoors? Do you transfer?

Thanks Luis!
I'm going to do the same. I have a few plastic trays without the pod holes, so I'll use coffee cups I think when I'm ready to transfer them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here