Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seedling Temperatures

Posted by southernbelle88 South Carolina (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 17:59

I started my seedlings about 2 weeks ago indoors (bachelor buttons, moss rose, sweet pea, 4 o'clocks, mammoth sunflowers, catnip, and petunias). They are all doing well and are a few inches tall. I have transplanted them into bigger pots and they are taking up much more space.

I am starting to harden them off outside during the day and I was thinking about moving them to the garage at night. The temperatures at night have been in the high 50's to 60's but there are a few nights where it drops into the 40's. The garage is detached from the house so it won't get any warmth from the house. Is this too cold or too soon to move them into the garage at night?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seedling Temperatures

NO! go for it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here