Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbfan10

Seedling moving

bbfan10
13 years ago

Hello

I've have a bunch of seedlings growing in my house that I started from anywhere from last fall through the winter. Some of them are large, some are small, and some just sprouted. I'll list them.

The large ones or the fast growing ones are: iris, hardy hibiscus, rose of Sharon, and Katsura (even though the Katsura are really slow, they still have a good 2 plus inches of growth and about three sets of true leaves.)

I have a bunch of rhododendron seedlings but they're still pretty small, about an inch at the tallest. They have about two sets of true leaves.

I just tried sowing some crabapple seeds that I found on a tree and they are just starting to sprout.

I have yet to see any cone flower, bee balm, or tithonia emerge. I sowed them last week along with the crabapple seeds.

Spring has just begun and it is finally starting to warm up. It's been in the 40s and 50s during the day and drops down into the 30s at night. It's been pretty windy lately too.

Should I try transplanting them now? Or should I move my operation to the porch where they are protected by the wind? The porch is all windows except for one wall. It is west facing and is mostly in the shade. It does get morning sun, but it stays around 50 degrees during the day, and I don't know how far it drops at night. The plants have stayed at room temperature for months. Sooo what do you think?

Thank you :)

Comments (5)