Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butch 'T' Trinidad Scorpion

Posted by Handsome54 6a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 20:10

They're telling me 30 days to germination. Pepper folks chime in please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butch 'T' Trinidad Scorpion

Never done them personally but friends who have tell me 15-20 days. Like most it all depends on the soil temp. One guy told me 82 degrees was the ideal for fastest germination.

You might ask over on the Hot Pepper forum here.

Dave

PS: keep in mind the more shallow the dept of the mix in the container the faster the germination but you have to monitor shallow germination VERY closely

o

I used a standard seedling tray and cell packs over a heat mat for my peppers. The first ones appeared (and the rest soon after) in one week. I was more than pleased. The heat mat makes SUCH a difference. One week or three? no contest.

o

Thanks folks! Shoot Dave, I need to be a little more resourceful...... Never knew there was a pepper forum. I'm on it!

o

I just got some seeds & the sites I'm looking at say the seeds germinate between 80-85 degrees. The room I'm thinking about using is 75 degrees. Somone above mentioned a warming pad, would a heating pad work just as well?

Also - are there any special instructions to growing the Scorpion pepper?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here