Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato seeds. How long after germination for true leaves

Posted by gnhelton none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 11 at 20:23

to appear?

Surprisingly hard to find on the inertnets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato seeds. How long after germination for true leaves

Mine came up about a week or two after germination. I just put up a blog post showing a photo of my tomato and pepper seedlings at 4 weeks, i.e. 4 weeks from the date I planted the seed. You're welcome to check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 9:57

Very nice LoriBee - fun to look at garden photos on a stormy PNW dark morning :)

Here's another example of the progression of tomato seedlings:

Here is a link that might be useful: Renee's Garden Seeds site - tomato seedlings pics

o

So, it looks about like 30 days for the true leaves. Thanks for responding. Loribee2, this is our first time to try moskvich. Yours are looking great. How do you like them?

o

I had true leaves way before 30 days. I sowed seeds on Feb. 19. This is what the plants looked like on March 10:

Mike

o

Boy those look great Mike. So you had them in 19 days.

I put my seeds in on the 27th so I'm 13 days in. Mine are a little leggy. I'm using fertilome seed and cutting mix to start the seeds (linky) and don't believe it has any fertlizer. I was going to wait until the seed leaves to fertilize them. Other than being a little leggy the seedlings look healthy.

o

17 days since germination (max), according to my log. I sowed them on Feb. 19, the first ones germinated on the 23rd. They are in Oasis Horticubes and a 600-watt MH light, albeit one that only outputs 30,000 lumens. I sowed another 306 last Saturday; in one tray only six of the 102 have not germinated yet. Two of them are under a 400-watt MH bulb, the other a 600-watt, 72,000 lumen one.

Mike

o

Googling oasis horticubes, do you have a hydrophonic setup? The more I find out the more I realize I don't konw squat.

o

I am trying the moskvich new this year myself, so I don't know! Good I hope! ;-) Good luck!

o

About 20 days for me. On a heating pad through germination and then another 7-10 days.

Nice starts Mike.

Here is a link that might be useful: Indoor Lettuce Grow Video and Pic Journal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here