o
Hige morning glory

Posted by whiteeaglesue 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 20:37

Do huge morning glory seeds grow true any info would be appreciate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hige morning glory

Any seed that is not a hybrid will grow true if it was grown in seclusion from others of it's species. With hybrid seeds it is a crap shoot. Sometimes you get the plant you want but most times you don't

Since most flower seeds are hybrids saved seed will not grow true. The size of the seed makes no difference.

Hybrid seeds have many ancestors and the flower it produces can resemble any one of them. It may also have been pollinated by another species and it could resemble the pollinator.

The only way to get a plant that you want is to buy seeds. Then you know what you are getting.

All that having been said I have found that some hybrid seed does come true. If you are willing to chance it go ahead but don't be surprised if you don't get what you want. Then again you may get something you like better. As I said it's a crap shoot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here