Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apr522_gw

Paper pot seedlings

apr522
12 years ago

This is my first year attempting to start my garden from seed. Last year I had one raised garden bed and some pots that I did the basics in (herbs, tomatoes & peppers) and it was wonderful!

This year I wanted to get my kids involved in the process and thought I would attempt starting from seed. We live in MO and this past Saturday we started planting some of our seeds. My 6 year old (along with the help of my mom) mastered making paper pots and so we decided to start some of the seeds in these. Yesterday (day 3) all of my kale sprouted and today (day 4) I have my basil has sprouted. I took them out of the "greenhouse" set up I had and moved them to my south facing front window. I am also supplementing with a 5-bulb adjustable lamp with grow bulbs to equal about 10-12 hours of light per day.

However, now that they are out of the moist germination stage/environment, I am noticing the paper pots are drying up & I'm not sure how to water them without damaging my new plants. Yesterday I misted the bottoms & around the paper pots but I would like to get some advice before I start down the wrong path & risk over-watering.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Comments (5)