Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zippity_duda

slowly dying from my own success..hehehehe

zippity_duda
14 years ago

OK, so this is my first year starting seeds inside. I read that you can expect germination to be about 75% on average, and I figured being new I'd kill a few off myself! So when starting my seeds I figured that if I wanted 2-3 plants of one type that I'd start 5 seeds. Well here I am, I have had 100% germination of everything except my Big Boy toms (which had 0%). They are happy and growing and now mostly in 16 oz cups. We built a stand wiht lights...4 shelves, each 5 feet long, plenty of light, plenty of space, right??? WRONG!. As I pot up, I can't bear to participate in mass herbicide and so have potted up everything, and am out of space! I fear that unless I find a way to better organize the space (I know a bunch is wasted because I have the cups in those aluminum roasting pans, because they were all I had at the time!) So unless I find a way to start unintentionally killing these plants, I fear my success is going to force me into herbicide:) For my first year, what a big problem (and yes, I do have a huge little kid grin on my face:) Thank you to everyone who's helped out so far!

Comments (2)