Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bill1897

Re: Specific Questions Re: Damping off, h2o2, & bottom watering

Bill1897
12 years ago

I don't understand why my post got deleted; I realize that people have asked about how to water from the bottom and the use of hydrogen peroxide as a deterrent from harboring damping off, but my questions are not as general as all of the other posts regarding this topic--they are very specific. For this reason, I am requesting for the moderator of these forums to please not delete my post again.

Question 1: Is it true that you can use hydrogen peroxide 3% solution straight from the bottle to water seedlings from the bottom? Is this percent dangerous for the seedlings? What's the minimum percent solution of hydrogen peroxide one can use and still be effective against damping off?

Question 2: When watering from the botom in 72 cell Jiffy trays, how high should the water level reach (e.g. .5", 1", 2", etc.). Is 15 minutes sufficient time to water from the bottom before you empty the excess water in the tray?

An extra word on deleting posts: I have been unable to find another post that mentions (1) the depth of water needed to water from the bottom in the Jiffy tray and/or (2) consensus validation regarding the safe use of a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to prevent damping off (I am not asking whether people have heard of doing this, but whether it is safe and effective for seedlings--BIG difference)and/or (3) the minimum percent solution that can be effective for preventing damping off. These are three specific issues that have not been discussed in very much detail in other posts, so again it concerns me as to why my post originally got deleted. Have these topics been discussed before? Sure they have. But you can find an aspect in every post that has been in some way shape or form been discused in previous posts. By this logic every post should be deleted. This doesn't seem very helpful, now does it? The fact of the matter is that posts that inquire about specific issues that have not been previously discussed in such detail do not qualify as a so called "repeat post."

Thank you for any replies. If my post happens to get deleted again please message me any responses, as I probably wouldn't have seen your response before it got deleted.

Comments (2)