Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mngrdngrl

Hardening off challenge

mngrdngrl
10 years ago

Hi all,

I am so excited I have a community garden plot for the summer!!! I just found this out this week. I live in MN and I am a first time gardener. So I am planning on keeping things really simple. Tomatoes, peppers, bush beans, and carrots. Maybe some flowers or herbs. I have all of those seeds available right now and I plan on starting them this weekend. I am thinking to the near future and I am concerned about when it comes to hardening off. I live in an apartment, I don't have a car, I don't have access to a balcony/patio area in my apt complex or in the neighborhood. I live in a very high traffic area so I can't really sneak the plants out. My windows open out and have no screens. Can't leave them open or I will have birds and squirrels in my apartment. Ask me how I know! LOL

Anyway, I was thinking that I could maybe turn a fan on during the day and turn it off at night. I am also collecting milk cartons from the coffee shop in my building and I plan on using them for cloches to keep the plants warm at night once the day actually comes that I can plant them in the ground.

Well I was looking for some other suggestions and I would totally appreciate any experiences you would be willing to share!

Comment (1)