Thyme
Oregano
Basil
Parsley
Mint
Grains:
Oats
Wheat

I already know that the minimum and maximum for apples from seed is 30 and 100 ft.

The rest of them I am growing from seeds as well so I would like to know the minimum and maximum spacing of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Minimum and maximum distance between plants and rows of them

You are pretending to grow these? Could you explain that please before any of us spend a great deal of time trying to answer your very complex question?

All of the fruits you list and many of the vegetables are grown from transplants or cuttings, not seeds, and several of them are 1-5 years old before being planted out.

For example:

the minimum and maximum for apples from seed is 30 and 100 ft.

That is not true. That may be the spacing for planting apple trees, not apple seeds.

Dave

PS: we would also need to know your location or at least your garden zone

o
RE: Minimum and maximum distance between plants and rows of them

• Posted by ZachS z5 Littleton, CO (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 11:05

Spacing depends a lot more on HOW you grow rather then WHAT you grow. For example, a farmer planting 100 acres in rows he can harvest via tractor is going to use a much different spacing then a home gardener using raised beds and the square foot method.

The other big variable is cultivar/type. You have "tomato" on the list, but the spacing for a determinate tomato is going to far different then for an indeterminate one. Also "lettuce" is it a leaf lettuce or a romaine? The spacing requirements are much different here too.

Like Dave said, what do you mean by pretend? A little more detail would be exponentially helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here