Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wherewerewe

I had my doubts, but

wherewerewe
17 years ago

I didn't think I'd successfully grow Petunias from seed but lo & behold, I pulled it off and I'm tickled pink! (Strawberry Sundae)

As you pro-seeders already know, the Petunia seeds are soooooo tiny, and I really didn't think pressing them into the top of the growing medium would have much success, but I got around a 50% germination rate, which I have to say I'm happy about for my first go with them. Kinda wish I had gotten better results given how much Thompson & Morgan charged for them, but hey, 25 plants from 60 seeds isn't all that bad...I'd guess their retail value would be around $25?. Isn't growing from seed just the greatest & most rewarding thing?! Saves tons of $ and nurturing them from their infancy gives me that warm and fuzzy feelin'.

I can't wait to get em all in the ground this weekend -- a few have even bloomed while in their seed cells under the lights!

Do Petunias bloom until Fall...any special needs they have to get the most out of them? Deadhead, prune back, fertilize at certain times?

Thanks for your advice in advance =)

Comments (3)