Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

Growing Golden Chalice Vine, From Seeds.

aveo5
13 years ago

well i manage to get my Sensitive plant seeds to sprout, and some other difficult seeds. BUT this is my first time that I have ripe seeds of my Golden Chalice Vine. If anyone knows about this tropical vine, it has a huge cup shaped flower in the fall, that has an incredible aroma to it. I can root it easily from cuttings, but now I have seeds. I got to the seedpod, before the birds!

Is there any special way to get these seeds to germinate? Or are they just 'normal' seeds. And I can use my Saran Wrap method to get difficult seeds to germinate? OR are they difficult seeds and not worth the effort? I would love to get a lot of seedlings and plant them all by my fence and have it cover my fences with these plants, cuttings would take forever to cover the fence....but seedlings would be faster. The plants grow like weeds here and flower every year, but even if I had to wait a year or so to get flowers, at least it would be on all of my fence, and then one fall night, I will be surrounded by huge fragrant buds and bursting into huge fragrant flowers. Any hints? Or should I stick to rooting cuttings>

Comments (4)