Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Having problems with peppers (pics)

Posted by ahismah 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 0:09

We're having problems with our peppers. We have 7 varieties in a 72 cell tray.

A few days ago I noticed that a few of the leaves were getting a purplish tint around the edges, now more have it. Also, over the past few days all of the leaves have begun to point upwards, towards the light.

They were planted 3 weeks ago, in jiffy starting mix that I sterilized. I bottom water when the soil drys and gently spray at the top if it seems really really dry. They germinated under a heating mat and then moved under the lights - 4 T8s (2 warm, 2 cool).

I have enough seeds to plant more if I need to, but I'd need to do it soon. If these are okay, I'd like to save the seed for next year.

Any idea what this is? I've googled and searched the forums but am totally stumped. My gut says that they're not going to make it, but where did we go wrong?

Thanks a ton for the help, I'm pulling my hair out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Having problems with peppers (pics)

Check out this older post, it may be helpful (link below).

Here is a link that might be useful: Purple pepper leaves

o
RE: Having problems with peppers (pics)

Probably just seed quality.

Try dissolving 5-8 tablespoons of Epsom salts in your next watering.

Magnesium always works for me. I use it on my Jalpenos from seed and it works wonders on those and my maters.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here