Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jiffy Peat Pellet Advice Needed please.

Posted by NoRoom2Grow 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 0:13

Tomato seedlings, Cucumbers, Peppers (sweet bell and Jalapeno) sowed them on 4/5/12

Currently the tomatoes have 1st set of true leaves (you can see 2nd set budding and a few). They range in height from 2" - 2 3/4" - 3" max.

The cucumbers had to be potted up into 5" peat pots because the stems were too big and I was afraid they would fall over. 2 of them have the "bud" in the middle but the true leaves are not out yet.

I started them in a Jiffy 5089 Tomato Starter Greenhouse 36-Plant Starter Kit.

Should I pot up the Tomatoes into the 5" yet? If so, should I remove the netting?

I did not remove the netting on the cucumbers and I am begining to regret that.

See pics below and let me know what you think.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jiffy Peat Pellet Advice Needed please.

You can transplant those tomatoes if you want but *definitely* remove the netting. I'd even say go back and take the netting off the peppers. There was a thread a while ago by someone who planted out his peppers with that netting stuff on and it stunted the growth of his pepper plant because the roots were never able to grow outside that netting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here