Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trying to grow my first mango tree ca

Posted by tonythepirate ca (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 4:04

Ahoy ! Hello there everyone I ate a mango the other day and got the idea to try to grow it!! I read a couple of different websites and decided to go with this technique.
1. Clean the seed off and let it sit outside for two days 2. Cut the outer shell off to expose the seed.
3. Wrap the seed with a paper towel that is slightly wet. 4. Put the seed in a zip lock in a dark place for two weeks but check on it daily to make sure the towel is still wet. The sprout should be growing by this time.
5. I could plant it this time or wait a little bit longer ? This part isn't thought out yet so Idk.... What is the best option .

>Any input on what I am doing would be helpful. Thanks you guys /gals

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trying to grow my first mango tree ca

I have never let them dry out I just take them out of their husk and plant them in soil to about half way in the ground.

This post was edited by wally-1936 on Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 22:39

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here