Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper and Egg Plant

Posted by foolishpleasure 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 4:07

I will never grow Pepper and Egg plant in the green house again. It is waste of time. The Pepper and Egg Plant I have are small and growing as slow as molasses. I go to HD and see the pepper plants 10 times bigger than mine. How did thay do it. They had them on sale buy two get the third free. I bought some. If I wait for mine to grow enough to take them out in the garden the season will be over. Tomatoes, Cucumber and Squashes are growing vigorously in my Green house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper and Egg Plant

Peppers and Eggplants are slow growers. No doubt about it. But at least in my area there aren't many varieties to choose from at the nurseries. Also for those of us that are itching to start seeds in February, they are the perfect choice. Mine are looking very healthy, even if they dont grow as fast as tomatoes.

o

Thank you. I started late in late March. I should learn my lesson and start in February. I looked at the Nursery Store plants and was amazed how did thay get them to grow that big.
Abe

o

Greenhouse growers start early and control light, temperature, moisture and fertilizing. Most of us can't do that at home, but our plants will catch up eventually when planted outside. They don't have to be huge in order for them to be planted outside, but the soil temps need to be right, and they will take off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here