Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to Planting Grass

Posted by jcris25 none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 8:25

I am new to planting grass and have a few questions. My yard already has some grass but it is not everywhere. My question is, if I plant a new grass seed in my yard will it over take the exhisting grass and flourish or will I have a mixture of two grasses which I dont want. I am looking to plant a grass that is good looking yet very durable for moderate to heave walking. My climate is basic. Winters are slightly mild and summers hot. Please help. thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to Planting Grass

In case you don't know it there is a Lawn forum here for all such questions. You will likely get much more relevent info there as lawns aren't the focus of this forum.

Dave

PS: when you post there you really need to include your location or at least your growing zone.

o

In case you don't know grass is a plant and this area of the forum is about growing from seed.

Joel

o

Whoa, just trying to get you the best help. I note you are new to the forums and many don't realize that there are hundreds of different topic-specific forums.

Just a quick browse of this forum reveals the discussion focus is indoor growing; flowers and vegetable transplants from seed. While the Lawn forum focuses on grass growing and it's associated needs and problems.

But you are free to post it where ever you wish of course.

Dave

o

Unfortunately you have to plant the same grass most grasses will not take over another. I just redid my lawn ripping out all of the saint augastine. It depends on your area and what time grass you have. Where are you located and temperature. If temparture is above 70 then you could easily reseed yard and rake in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here