Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jovanotko

Zenith Zoysia - Seeded Time Lapse 2013

jovanotko
10 years ago

Hello Everybody,

My name is Stan and i leave in Destin, Florida. I would like to share my experience with Zenith Zoysia. The first couple pictures are how my front yard used to look.

{{gwi:233150}}
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
{{gwi:233151}}

I sprayed on 3/16/2013 with Spectracide Weed and Grass Killer Concentrate. Is Cheaper and does the job. Repeated 2 weeks later, because i missed some spots. My advice, wait until mid April or wait when everything start to grow for better results. This year march and april were little bit colder, and some of the weeds started to grow later.

{{gwi:233152}}

I did small part of my yard approximately 400 Sq. Ft. total around 8000. I wanted to try and see how will go. I cleaned, tilled and raked everything by hand. Wasn't easy and next time i will use power tools :) My soil test come back with perfect PH 6.6. I did added 10 bags of Organic Compost from Home Depot for around 1.60$ a bag, but honestly was just a waste of money and time. I would like to Thank you to my Friend Mike, who help me a a lot sharing his experience growing the grass. Thanks Mike

{{gwi:233153}}
{{gwi:233154}}
{{gwi:233155}}
{{gwi:233156}}

Ready for seeds, and seeded on 4/16/2013 :clapping:

{{gwi:233157}}

I used 1lb of seeds and hand spreader for seeding, but im not happy with it!!!! Did east - west first, then north - south. Rake very light and try to cover the seeds, but not too deep!!!!
Done :) My first watering :cool2:

{{gwi:233158}}
{{gwi:233159}}

I watering 10 min at 8am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and if its hot day one more at 6pm. And Finally after 14 days first sings of Zenith Zoysia are showing :)

{{gwi:233160}}
{{gwi:233161}}
This is for now. I will guys keep you posted. Thanks

This post was edited by jovanotko on Sat, May 4, 13 at 17:49

Comments (8)