Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pearcen_gw

NONE of my seeds are germinating

PearceN
13 years ago

I'm kind of at a loss here and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I live in central NC. In January we started 144 seedlings of various veggies in our seed starting trays and kept them evenly moist and warm. Once it warmed up enough, we put the flats in our greenhouse on the deck during the day. They did great until we had a really windy day that knocked over the greenhouse and sent our flats to their doom. All of the little starts died.

Not to be discouraged, I started 144 NEW seeds 3 weeks ago. Again, various veggies. 72 are tomato varieties, the rest are cucumbers, peppers, tomatillos, etc. As of now - 3 weeks in - NOT A SINGLE SEED has sprouted! I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I don't profess to be a gardening guru, but I've had my own garden for about 5 years now and I've started from seed since the first year. I've never had an issue at all - I've never had one single seed NOT germinate in 5 years!

I need suggestions - PLEASE! It's getting late enough that I'm afraid I may not have a garden at all this year! Thanks in advance everyone. I truly appreciate any insight.

Comments (6)