Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tobaira

too much water

tobaira
13 years ago

Am I overwatering my tomatoes? Most of my tomato plants look great but a handful are turning yellow and brown on the outer edges of the leaves. I think what I found said overwatering, but I'm watering all of the plants about the same amount and they aren't all having this problem. Some of them are planted in fertilome ultimate potting mix (peat moss, perlite, limestone, dolomite) and some are planted in the mix that's in my beds (topsoil 50%,compost 20%, manure 20% and humus 10%). The yellowing is happening on larger plants in the potting mix and smaller plants in the bed mix. I just want to make sure I catch whatever is causing this before it starts hitting all the plants. I do top water (I know bad, sue me, I don't have a set up this year to bottom water), and I dont think I water too much, usually once a day but not a lot of water (maybe 1/2 a tbsp?). They are in 16 oz cups. I had just watered before I took the pictures so thats why the top looks wet (I tried putting some fertilizer in them last night). Maybe I need to let them dry out and then give them a thorough watering after that..

{{gwi:234024}}
{{gwi:234025}}
{{gwi:234026}}
{{gwi:234027}}

-t

Comments (2)