Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matthebrute

where can i get seeds?

Matthebrute
12 years ago

Hello everyone, im looking for a online one stop shop to buy seeds and or bulbs for this list of flowers (sorry for poor spelling and double entries)

Morning glory

Hydrangea

coneflower

Zinnia hakonechloa

sedum

Bleeding hearts

Hosta

lantana

Passion flower

spotted deadnettle

coreopsis

Petunia

Impatiens

leather leaf sedge

Zonal geranium

Persian shield

sweet potato vine

Oxalis

calibrachoa

gloriosa daisy

Fushsia

coleus

celosia

Calla lilly

geranium

angelonia

Chrysanthium

bacopa

petunia

Angelonia

wishbone flower

alterbanthera

Tulip

creeping jenny

vinca

Prime rose

Tulip

napier grass

Coleus

prime rose

cauna

Sweet potato vine

hyacinth

sedge

Lantona

daffodil

jewels of opar

oriental lilly

creeping jenny

Corep[sis

salvia

geranium

Marigold

starflower

umbrella grass

Calibrachoa

creeping jenny

verbana

Cape prime rose

calibrachoa

coleus

Impatients

dwarf goldenrod

mother in laws tounge

Delta maidenhair fern

salvia

coleus

Caladium

coneflower

new guinea impatiebnts

Angelonia

Celosia

Coreopsis

Euphorbia

Fan flower

Marguerite daisy

Rose

Starflower

Winged begonia

Wishbone flower

Austrailan tree fern

Alternanthera

Bacopa

Impatients

Caladium

Purple fountain grass

Dwarf fountain grass

Straw flower

Plectranthus

Geranium

My problem is i cannot find a good place that sells seed packets and has all of my flowers i need, if someone could share a site that i can get everything i need that would be great.

the problem for me is using multiple sites it will get costly for shipping so if i can use the same site and get shipping free with a larger purchase that would be great.

Comments (8)

• noinwi
    12 years ago

I doubt you will find everything at one site, but you might try anniesannuals.com to start.

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Hazzard's is a wholesale seed supplier but they sell to anyone and have thousands of seed types. You should be able to find the majority of the seed types listed above on their website. It lists seed types by botanical name so you'd need to Google a few that you have posted above by common name (i.e, fountain grass, straw flower, creeping jenny). Their shipping charges are reasonable (at least in my opinion), they sell in larger quantities than others & have a vastly wider selection. My garden objective is to sow it, plant it and enjoy it while providing nectar/pollen to the bees, butterflies & hummingbirds. If it comes back the following year, hurray. If it doesn't, I'll sow, grow & plant something else that does.

Good luck and happy gardening!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hazzard's seeds

• digdirt2
    12 years ago

That is quite a list to find at one place, or even two or three places so I fear you're going to be out of luck unless you reduce your list of wants. But I agree that Hazzard's will be your best bet for many of them.

Another consideration is that it is too late to be starting many of them from seed for this year. So ordering this late to be ordering you may find many places are sold out already.

Good luck.

Dave

• Matthebrute
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks guys for the great replies!!!

I know the list is long and i plan on building a greenhouse this summer so anything i start from seed will be in containers and go inside for the winter. still a bit new at this but i will learn as i go. thanks for the great advice!!

• kayjones
    12 years ago

I would suggest you take your list to a big box store - quite a few on your list can be purchased there. You don't tell us where you live, but if you live in the USA, Kmart sells Martha Stewart seeds, and she has a lot of the 'unusual' seeds for sale.

• Matthebrute
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I live in Maine, theres a K mart not too far away so ill have to check them out.

I emailed Hazzard's with my list hopefully they can get a majority of them to me. what i cant find in seed i will but bulbs/flats Im sure my local greenhouse can dig something up if i give them a request.

• annikasmommykate
    12 years ago

I didn't see this mentioned by anyone else, but if you go over to the seed exchange forum, often times people will offer to send seeds if you send them a bubble envelope and postage. Also, if you check people's trade lists, often times they will have a disclaimer stating that they are willing to do trades for bubble envelopes and postage for things on their trade lists.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Exchange Forum

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Matt - From your list I've got both hosta and blanket flower seeds I harvested from my plants back in the fall. I've got buckets of both so you're welcome to some in exchange for postage. If interested, post here and we can work out the details.