Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which seeds need to be pricked

Posted by perezjuanf 10a (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 15:13

Which ones would be the seed that need to pricked and soaked in water?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which seeds need to be pricked

I assume you mean "scarified"? Generally, it is the larger, exceptionally hard-shelled seeds. But the list is easily hundreds of varieties and far too long to type it all out for you. What specifically are you interested in knowing about?

Better yet just go to one of the many germination databases and you can look up each plant variety to find out if it needs scarification or not.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed germination databases

o
RE: Which seeds need to be pricked

Dave

"Scarified" that is exactly what I meant, I was looking for plants like melons, passifloras

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here