Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seedling cotyledon turning brown

Posted by John_JJ 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 18:03

i have a watermelon and the cotyledon is turning brown today i seen there was a little brown spot on it and now the tip of the leave is brown.
the plant hasnt grew for a week just has its one true leave sticking out from the top and the other hasnt devoloped
yesterday i put it in a different container

This post was edited by John_JJ on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 18:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seedling cotyledon turning brown

Hmmmm, does the true leaf growing look healthy? I'm thinking it might need a shot of fertilizer to get it going...in which case the cotyledon will naturally wither away.

o

yeah the whole plant looks healthy besides the one cotyledon.. i just gave it 1/4 strenght of fertilizer

o

here is a picture of it,it started to brown a day after i re potted it.maybe i didnt bury the root far down enough if that has anything to do with it.
this is 3 days after it started to brown

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here