Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seedlings still not ready. whats the deal?

Posted by feethanddooth 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 10 at 21:32

hi all. first time seed grower and i made it to the transfer(this past weekend)

although some of them are growing a a small true leaf nothing has gotten established enough to warrent hardening off. know i started 2 weeks or so too late but whats the deal? seedlings are all about 1-1 1/2 inch tall. should i just try to harden off to get them outside? will i even get anything off them? (tomatoes, peppers, herbs)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seedlings still not ready. whats the deal?

Where are they growing? Under lights, in a window, in the dark? More info please!

o
RE: seedlings still not ready. whats the deal?

It's still too early to plant tomatoes and especially peppers in your zone anyway so there isn't any rush. You still have a couple of weeks and assuming decent growing conditions they will kick into high gear in plenty of time. Meanwhile make sure you aren't over-watering. That stunts and stalls growth more than anything.

You can't make up for 2 weeks in 2 days. Patience. ;)

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here