Return to the Growing from Seed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery seedling, help me identify it?

Posted by BigN_187 9 (nfinite4588@gmail.com) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 21:56

I found the seedling in the photo popping up in an empty flower bed. Looking around my yard, the only thing that looks remotely similar to the seedling is my Chinese Pistachio (Pistachia chinensis) tree. Could that be it? (Sorry if the photo is huge...)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery seedling, help me identify it?

Sorry but it is almost impossible to ID seedlings at that stage. Even if you can narrow down the specific choices it is still guess work.

I can tell you that Chinese Pistachio do not have a tip leaflet on the leaf branch as that appears to have. They develop in sets of two evenly spaced all the way to the tip.

Dave

o
RE: Mystery seedling, help me identify it?

Hm... Interesting.

However, yes, I did come to that conclusion shortly AFTER I submitted my original post. The reason I assume it is some sort of tree or shrub is because of the dark, "wood-looking" stem. The next pair/set of leaves are coming along well, so hopefully I'll have a better photo fairly soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing from Seed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here